Friday, April 20, 2012

Why Being A Girl Stinks & Other News


Let's face it, girls have to deal with a lot of lame stuff.  You have to deal with cramps, PMS and
all of those lovely things.  I wouldn't trade being a girl for anything, but sometimes I wish I could
just get rid of the yucky stuff that comes along with it.

For those of you that are new to my blog,  for about the last year I've been dealing with some health
issues that remain undiagnosed after numerous tests and procedures. Constant nausea and fatigue which left me feeling like I had the flu for months at a time...no fun!
Last November during an ultrasound of my stomach, the doctor found a cyst on my ovary. I was referred to an OBGYN to keep an eye on it. After several months it continued to grow slowly, but had several weird characteristics like tumor like bumps and a strange fluid surrounding it. I made the decision to get it removed before it got any bigger and to make sure it wasn't cancerous. I also wanted to be sure it was taken care of before we decided to have a baby. 

The surgery is this Monday and although I'm happy to get this thing out of my body, I'm pretty scared. I've never had surgery before. It will be done with laparoscopy unless my ovary needs to be removed in which case it will be a more serious surgery that requires a hospital stay. The doctor seems confident that it will be a simple procedure but couldn't guarantee it. 

After all is said and done, I am hoping that this was the root of all of my health issues and I will be back to my normal self. I can't even remember the last time I felt like myself.

So for now I keep telling myself that everything will be okay and I'm putting this in God's hands and trusting that he will take care of me.


6 comments:

  1. oh my dear.. please don't be scared. I just had one in September for almost the same reason. I had a crazy amount of adhesion's on my cervix & bladder that my dr cleared up & I have stage 2 endometriosis. At the end of this year I'll have another one.. in my life its my 3rd lap.
    This is my way of having a child myself.

    Good luck - I will be thinking of you. I'll email you with some helpful tips.

    You can always email me about this. !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything WILL go well for you. You are in my thoughts. <3

    I have a benign "water-filled" cyst in one of my breasts, it's gone down in size significantly since it was found, but a part of me knows I should go and take care of it, even if I am scared. Your post has empowered me to take action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope everything goes well! it's scary but I am sure it will all work out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with your surgery. Im here to tell you it all will be fine. In fact I had the same surgery about 5 years ago. I also had a cyst/tumor on my ovary. Ended up being endometrosis. No fun at all, but looks like you are getting the care you need. Stay postive!

    {Shauna}
    www.ShaunaWyrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear I'm so sorry to hear this news! Life brings us so many obstacles, but when it's health-related it's such a reality check. My Mom had to get emergency back surgery a few weeks ago and it turned my world upside down until I knew everything went well. I'm just so thankful for the technology that has allowed doctors to perform these life saving surgeries... everything will be OK!! I hope this solves your health issues and you can start feeling like yourself again... I will be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna, in response to your comment left on my post: My chest tattoos are of bats with hearts and curly-ques underneath them.

    If you want to see an actual shot of them you can travel here: http://porcelainheartivorytooth.blogspot.com/2011/01/thinking-of-tattoos.html

    ReplyDelete