Together with the NFL and CFDA, Bloomingdales recruited some of our favorite designers to create these awesome helmets in honor of Super Bowl XLVIII!
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Today I'm linking up with some awesome ladies for a weekly series called "Finish This".
1. I use my "Green Thumb" to: obsess over my succulent garden! Luckily with succulents you don't need much of a green thumb. This is the first little "garden" that I've cared so much about. I check on it every morning to see if something else has bloomed and if the neighbor cat has done his business in the planter. Darn cat!
2. The secret to life it: Hmm...That's a good question! I like to think the secret to life is love and finding joy in simple things. I've got that love part down but finding joy in the little things will always be something I need to work on.
3. I get my money's worth by: recycling things I already have and giving them little facelifts. Voila! Something new!
4. On a scale of 1-10, my level of organization is: This really made me think about my method of organization. There are some things in our home that are NEVER organized and some that MUST be organized. Over the years I've learned that I would much rather organize someone elses stuff. I can't wait to organize baby stuff! So a number? Umm... 7!
5. A Gentleman always: protects you. Physically, mentally, and spiritually.
6.. Handwritten notes are: SO MUCH FUN! I love sending and receiving snail mail. Emails are super handy but you just can't show as much love and creativity over an email.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
This week we celebrated the little guys 2nd birthday!
Now before you scoff at the fact that I threw him a little shindig, let me just say....I sure did! And it was awesome! And I love parties so I'll celebrate anything!
Without further adieu, LINUS IS TWO!
I knew I wanted to create a cute little backdrop for his birthday portrait and I've been curious about sewing paper so I whipped up some bunting and I couldn't be happier. Just ignore my not so straight lines, I'm still learning.
He also got a package from Grandma and Grandpa. This little guy is spoiled! He got a new friend and the sweetest note ever. I may or may not have cried reading it.
No party is complete without a cake! When we set it in front of him he stared at it out of the corner of his eye and his tail was going crazy. It took a couple of "It's yours!" and "Go ahead's" before he dove in and didn't come up for air till it was gone. I think he liked it, so I'll share the recipe for all you other dog families.
Carrot Cake with Banana Frosting
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" round cake pan or an 8x4-inch loaf pan. ( I used a ramekin to make it into a smaller cake)
2. Whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
For the frosting I just mashed up a very ripe banana and spread it on top!
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
It's been awhile since I cleared out my phone!
Here are a few of my favorites from the last couple of months.
Linus enjoyed the Christmas decorations
Saw the most perfect rainbow EVER
Had lots of quality time with my shadow
Had a lot of fun times with friends
Slept in everyday and had morning cuddle time
I got my wholesale license! That means a trip to Shinoda Design Center!!!
We finally stopped off the freeway to check out the Airstreams we've been eyeing for the last couple of years!
Tim is hooked!
We said goodbye to our dear old pig
Took a trip to visit my cousin at his new brewery
Announced the first collection of 2014 for Jenna Leslye Designs
Saw this awesome little guy dedicated to the church!
It's been a crazy two weeks and I've loved having my guy on vacation. Today was his first day back to work and the house just feels a little somber. Back to reality!