Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Go Linus, It's Your Birthday.

This week we celebrated the little guys 2nd birthday!

Now before you scoff at the fact that I threw him a little shindig, let me just say....I sure did! And it was awesome! And I love parties so I'll celebrate anything!

Without further adieu, LINUS IS TWO!


I knew I wanted to create a cute little backdrop for his birthday portrait and I've been curious about sewing paper so I whipped up some bunting and I couldn't be happier. Just ignore my not so straight lines, I'm still learning.


He also got a package from Grandma and Grandpa. This little guy is spoiled! He got a new friend and the sweetest note ever. I may or may not have cried reading it. 


No party is complete without a cake! When we set it in front of him he stared at it out of the corner of his eye and his tail was going crazy. It took a couple of "It's yours!" and "Go ahead's" before he dove in and didn't come up for air till it was gone. I think he liked it, so I'll share the recipe for all you other dog families.


Carrot Cake with Banana Frosting

Ingredients

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots
1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" round cake pan or an 8x4-inch loaf pan. ( I used a ramekin to make it into a smaller cake)
2. Whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

For the frosting I just mashed up a very ripe banana and spread it on top!

2 comments:

  1. Hahah yessss. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gives my dog birthday parties. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SO cute...dying over here. That little crown on his head is the best! awwww my heart is melting. your blog is adorable, so happy i found it! && I am your newest follower hey-o!

    xo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog

    [Also, I have a little giveaway up right now, hope you will check it out]

    ReplyDelete