Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Becoming the Black Swan

Today Mom, Devon and I worked on Devon's Halloween costume and it turned out amazing!
I haven't been this excited about a costume in years and I'm not even wearing it.

She is going to be Natalie Portmans character in Black Swan.

We started with a black tube top , black tutu, hot glue gun, and lots of black feathers.

We glued the base feathers on then had her try it on for the finishing touches.
Surprisingly I didn't burn her :)






(Please note my "Leah" hair :) )

Next was the crown.
We started with one that looked like this:


In order to achieve the dark, "Gothic" look I decided we needed to burn it.
I love a good plastic/flame combo but was a little intimidated in the beginning so
I had Mike test the flammability of the princess tiara.



The BBQ didn't work so we resorted to the flame of a tea light. It took awhile but gave
us just the look we were looking for .
For the finishing touches I added some black and silver paint here an there:


A couple of feathers and VOILA! Perfection!
(It only caught fire once or twice)


Sistah' Sistah'!


Two of my favorite people <3


I made her try everything on and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out.
Can't wait to see it with the crazy makeup!!





To celebrate our success we went to Target and Starbucks.
I got my first ever Pumpkin Spice Frap.


It was alright...

No comments:

Post a Comment