Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 2: Guinness Storehouse and Phoenix Park

Yesterday we decided to tour the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. The factory/brewery is massive and fills several tall brick buildings. It reminded me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as soon as we drove through the gates. It definitely feels 250 years old.




Room full of Barley







I was sort of looking forward to seeing the actual process in action, but their modern take on it was pretty cool too













Once you reach the 7th floor you enter the Gravity Bar where you get your free pint and an amazing 360 view of Dublin.





I've tasted Guinness before and lets just say it's not my cup of tea but I knew I had to take at least one sip while I was there.












After being stuck in tons of traffic on tiny cobblestone streets we decided to make a stop in Phoenix Park.  A couple weeks ago I read that the park is full of Deer and sometimes they'll walk right up to you. We parked and went on a cold, drizzly hunt for some friendly little deer.




As soon as Tim spotted some in the distance I went traipsing through the mud to hopefully fulfill something that should be on my bucket list (Deer are my favorite!!!)


Unfortunately the group we stumbled across wasn't very friendly and this was the closest we got before they ran away :(












Now I'm just sitting in the room enjoying a scone and the gloomy view while Tim is at work.  I can gradually feel the jet lag coming to an end, verrryyyy slowly. Hopefully it will be gone by the time we reach London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment