Thursday, October 25, 2012

50.

Today my Dad turns 50.

It's funny how when you're little 50 seems soooooo old but when your parents hit that milestone you
realize that it's not old at all. In fact, 50 is probably the new 40.

I'm feeling a bit guilty being on the whole other side of the country when I should be home celebrating him, but I know that he's happy I got this opportunity because he's just a nice guy like that.

When I was little I made him an epic birthday card that he still has to this day. I don't think I'll ever be able to top it...ever.

So instead of a lame, store bought card I'm writing him this blog post :) 


Hi Dad,

Sorry I'm not there for your birthday. I promise I'll make it up to you when I get home. I just want you to know that I think you're the greatest Dad ever. You're so generous and I admire your willingness to help friends, family, and strangers at the drop of a hat. You've always been a great example when it comes to that. You have one of the kindest hearts I've ever known. I can't thank you and Mom enough for always making so many wonderful childhood memories for us. San Diego trips, Disneyland, and our yearly fair trip will always be some of my favorite memories. Now that I'm out of the house and married I can appreciate how hard you worked to support us and make sure we never wanted for anything. 


Thank you for supporting, loving, teaching and protecting us.

Happy Birthday Dad!

Love,
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself Jenna ! Love our Dad :) -Devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw this is so cute and so sweet !

    ReplyDelete