Saturday, November 20, 2010

How Many 8 yr. Olds Could You Pummel Before They Take You Down?

Revisiting the age old question: How many 8 year olds could you pummel before they take you down? (self.AskReddit)

submitted 24 days ago by HempLord

A friend and I were talking about this the other day.. Considering your average 8 year old is ~50 pounds, 4' tall, and you're in an open field, no weapons, and an endless amount of children coming at you, how many could you take? Keep in mind they're fearless, so the sight of their fallen comrades wouldn't deter them. I'm pretty confident I could take ~50 of them before eventually becoming exhausted. Assuming it only takes one punch/boot to the face to drop an 8 year old, I figure they really couldnt do much until I tire out and can't keep up with the influx of new ones. It could possibly be more if I'm able to pick one up by the leg and use it as a flail of sorts, swinging it in a circular motion allowing me to keep a little perimeter around me while expending little energy. The skull would definitely do work if swung by the feet, so that would be pretty good I think.

My friend, on the other hand, goes "About 1,000. Probably more."

His strategy would be to stack the 8 year olds in a pile as he drops them, and then just keep stacking them up while staying on top of the pile. Once the 8 year olds are stacked high enough, it would be difficult for the new ones to climb and he could just kick them in the face as they neared the top. I reminded him that he has zero conditioning, and that he'd tire out way before completing the mountain. Besides, how effing many 8 year olds would you have to stack to make a sizable pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment