Monday, April 20, 2009

And this is why I'm glad I didnt pay $100 for a ticket...


Morrissey forced off stage at Coachella by smell of burning meat

Singer claims the 'smell of burning animals is making me sick' after leaving the stage during the Californian music festival

Morrissey

Morrissey ... some barbecues are more offensive than others. Photograph: PA

Glass bottles, glowsticks and heckles have all been known to force pop stars off stage. Add to that list the smell of burgers. That's the reason Morrissey gave for leaving the stage during his set at Coachella festival in California on Friday 17 April.

The singer was performing a set laced with Smiths hits when, midway through his performance, he was overcome with fumes from the backstage barbecue. "I can smell burning flesh ... and I hope to God it's human," he said. This was no mere wisecrack, though. Halfway through playing Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, Morrissey decided he'd had enough and walked off stage.

The star did return to finish his set, however, declaring: "The smell of burning animals is making me sick. I just couldn't bear it."

Along with a selection of solo hits, the crowd were treated to blasts from the past including Ask, Girlfriend In a Coma and How Soon is Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment