Thursday, January 10, 2019

Mom Guilt


Mom guilt...I've got it.







This pregnancy hasn't been easy on me. The first trimester was plagued with morning sickness that hit me hard in the afternoon and I would spend most evenings crying because I felt it would never go away. Then that went away (with the help of life saving pills) and I was in the second trimester which I was hoping would be this magical time of feeling great with more energy and an awesome glow. 
Unfortunately I skipped over that part and I've been in constant round ligament pain with a clicking pubic bone ever sense. Walking, sitting, laying, rolling over....it's all excruciating. I'm nearing the end of this trimester and I found out I have gestational diabetes again and I'm just over here like, wah, wah, poor me.


But even more disheartening than my own issues is feeling like I'm a crappy mom because Norah has so much energy and I do not. She goes from one activity to the next at lightening speed and I just can't keep up. We do a lot of crafts where I can sit and watch but she needs more. There are days where we can run all of our errands, go to the park, and go for a walk/bike ride and days like today where I'm counting down till bedtime.


I know once the baby is here I'll physically be able to do more but it will be a different type of guilt while I have an even tinier human who depends on me for every need.


So, hey moms! What are your tips and tricks for being the best mom you can be while pregnant/caring for a newborn.

I want to make this transition as smooth as possible for all of us and keep my wild girl stimulated and happy all day.


P.S. Shout out to Tim who, when he isn't working, kills it at being a Dad <3 p="">




No comments:

Post a Comment