Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pregnancy Update: Week 26




How far along? 26 weeks! I can't believe this is the last week in the second trimester!

How big is baby? 14 inches long and 2 lbs. About the size of a head of lettuce or a bowling pin! 

What's going on in there!? All 5 senses are developed now and she has a hair color.

Sleep: Sleep is getting more and more difficult. I toss and turn a lot and now to switch sides I pretty much have to do a 3 point turn.

Best moment this week: This girl is hyper! She now moves throughout the day and yesterday we felt what we are assuming was her head. This morning I woke up to her first hiccups! 

Lamest moment this week: Unfortunately I failed my glucose test and was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes :( ...Failing wasn't even on my radar so to say I was shocked was an understatement. In fact, I was devastated. I felt so guilty and scared until I did more research and realized how common it was and sometimes it just happens. Yesterday I had my first class and picked up my testing supplies. Although testing 4 times a day and sticking to a strict diet was not what I envisioned in the home stretch, I'll do anything to keep both me and the baby safe and healthy. 

Miss anything? Just being ache free

Symptoms: Achy hips and joints when I walk or stand for too long, feeling tired and pretty emotional.

Belly Button in or out? It's still hanging in there!



Looking forward to? The holidays and working on the nursery some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment