Saturday, February 2, 2019

Bright and Bold Playroom Makeover

I finally got the playroom/craft space done and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out!


We decided to turn our downstairs guest room into a play room because lets face it, kids come with a lot of "stuff" and having it all in the main living area was driving me crazy. 
I wanted to have a fun space where Norah and her brother could play and be creative. I also saved a little area in the room for my desk so I could work in there right a long side of them.


I knew I wanted a bold print on one of the walls but struggled to find wallpaper that was affordable and easy to install. I finally decided to just buy a round stencil sponge brush and do it myself. Once I got the courage to place the first dot, the rest was easy - peasy and took about an hour. I love that they aren't perfect because it makes it more whimsical.


My Mom and I made the cornice boards in about 30 minutes and the total for the project was less than $20! It was so easy that I want to do them in every room!





A craft corner was key for Norah and this is where she spends most of her time. The table, bulletin board and supply storage are all from Ikea. 


These book shelves are also from Ikea 


She got these super cute doll magnets for Christmas so I ordered a magnetic board from Amazon so we could keep them from disappearing under the refrigerator.


The artwork is from an old Rifle Paper Co. calendar that I couldn't bear to part with because the illustrations were so cute. I matted them with some construction paper and voila!

The Linus art was gifted to me by my sister years ago.


This globe was mine when I was little so it got a quick little face lift with some paint and it's good as new! Norah asks me daily to point out her "namerhood" on the world.



I gave up my craft room for the new nursery so I made sure to organize the closet to hold all of my supplies and my desk fit perfectly in the corner of the room.

Of course I had to display my Blythe dolls and I think they make the perfect addition :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment